Protection of Privacy and Processing of Personal Data
The owner and provider of the domain automobilist.com (the “Website”) is the company Automobilist s.r.o., ID No.: 07199813, with its registered seat at Přístavní 1315/7, Holešovice, Prague 7, 170 00, a limited liability company registered in the commercial register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, file C 296488 (the “Automobilist”).
Automobilist is committed to protecting the privacy of the Website visitors and customers (hereinafter the “Clients”) in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, most notably the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter the „GDPR“).
Purposes of the Processing
Automobilist, as the controller, processes the Personal data of its Clients in the manner and in accordance with the principles set out herein. Automobilist processes for the following purposes the following categories of Client’s Personal data (hereinafter also the “Personal data”):
- For the purpose of processing and completing an inquiry made by the Client:
- Name and surname;
- ID number;
- Phone number;
- Other information the Client chooses to disclose to us when making the inquiry.
- For the purpose of the Client’s registration into the Automobilist Club:
- Name and surname;
- ID number;
- Phone number;
- For the purpose of allowing for the proper functionality and optimization of the Website:
- IP address;
Standards of the Processing
Automobilist hereby undertakes to process the Personal data in accordance with following standards:
- When processing and preserving the Personal data, Automobilist shall adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- The Personal data of Clients shall always be used and processed only in the manner and for purposes about which the Clients were duly informed beforehand.
- Automobilist shall put in place all appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect the privacy of their Clients and to prevent any breaches of safety with regards to the processing of the Personal data.
- The Clients shall always have the option to contact Automobilist by simple means in order to exercise their rights pursuant to GDPR, either in writing on the address of Automobilist’s registered seat or by email on email@example.com. It is also possible to contact Automobilist by phone on +420 603 339 725.
Legal basis of the Processing
In cases of processing Personal data for the purpose of completing an inquiry made by the Client, the legal basis for the processing shall be Art. 6 par. 1 let. b) of the GDPR, as the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract, to offer goods or services in connection with the contract, for the purposes of invoicing, or in order to pursue any claims connected with the performance of the contract.
The Clients hereby acknowledge that if the contract in question shall be entered into, Automobilist is entitled to process the Personal data pursuant to the Art. 6 par. 1 let. f) of the GDPR for the purposes of informing the Client about any relevant offers about new products or services. The legitimate interest of Automobilist shall in this case be the interest in direct marketing towards its current customers.
The Client has an option to register to be a member of the Automobilist Club. The processing of personal data for the purposes of completing the registration, the legal basis for the processing shall be Art. 6 par. 1 let. b) of the GDPR, as the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
The Clients hereby acknowledge that upon becoming a member of the Automobilist Club, Automobilist shall be entitled to process the Personal data pursuant to the Art. 6 par. 1 let. f) of the GDPR for the purposes of informing the Client about any information related to the Automobilist Club. The Clients acknowledge that such information may also include any relevant offers about new products or services of Automobilist. The legitimate interest of Automobilist shall in this case be the interest in communicating with the members of the Automobilist Club and informing them about new offers and services of Automobilist (direct marketing).
Automobilist processes Personal data on the same legal basis (Art. 6 par. 1 let. f) of the GDPR) also in cases of processing for the purpose of allowing for the proper functionality and optimization of the Website. The legitimate interest of Automobilist shall in this case be the interest in proper functionality of the Website and the optimization of its services based on the analysis of statistical data. The Clients hereby acknowledge their right to object to any processing based on the legitimate interest of Automobilist pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR.
Recipients of the Personal data
Automobilist hereby informs the Clients that the Personal data shall be provided to the following recipients:
- the employees of Automobilist, who have been properly instructed in the area of protection of Personal data;
- the provider of the MailChimp marketing platform, the company The Rocket Science Group Llc, GA 30308;
- the providers of statistical and analytical tools used for the functionality of the Website as well as the optimization of Automobilist services;
- the providers of social media services as used by Automobilist (Facebook.com)
- the providers of tools used for remarketing and personalised advertisement;
- the providers of payment gateway services;
- the providers of delivery services;
- the providers of marketing and PR optimization services;
Transfer of the Personal data outside of the EU
In order to make use of the MailChimp marketing platform, the Controller intends to transfer the Personal data outside of the EU, to USA. The provider of the platform is currently certified within the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Term of the Processing
Automobilist processes the Personal data for the duration of the contractual relationship between it and the respective Client. The Client hereby acknowledges that in certain circumstances the term of processing can be longer than the duration of the contractual relationship, especially in cases of pursuing any claims resulting from any breach of the respective contract. Automobilist hereby undertakes that the term of processing of the Personal data will not exceed the statutory statute of limitations of 10 (ten) years.
In cases of processing based on the legitimate interests of Automobilist, the Personal data shall be processed for the term appropriate regarding each specific legitimate interest. Automobilist hereby stipulates that the term of processing shall never exceed 3 (three) years. For further information regarding the term of processing with regards to each specific legitimate interest, kindly contact us via our contact details listed above.
The Rights of the Clients
The Clients hereby acknowledge that they have following rights pursuant to the GDPR:
- the right to request from Automobilist the information regarding the processing of Personal data;
- the right to request from Automobilist the rectification of Personal data;
- the right to request from Automobilist the erasure of Personal data without any undue delay. Automobilist has the duty to erase the Personal data in cases accounted for by the GDPR;
- the right to request from Automobilist the restriction of processing of Personal data in cases accounted for by the GDPR;
- the right to request from Automobilist the information concerning the provision of Personal data to any third parties;
- the right to request from Automobilist access to their Personal data;
- the right to request from Automobilist the Personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format, and to transmit it to another controller in cases accounted for by the GDPR.
- in cases of any doubts concerning the compliance with the obligations of Automobilist regarding the processing of Personal data, the right to complain either with Automobilist or with the Office for Personal data protection in the Czech Republic.
Automobilist hereby informs the Clients that the processing does not involve automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 22 of the GDPR.
The Client hereby undertakes to provide the Personal data to Automobilist always in true and correct form and to inform Automobilist about any changes in his/her Personal data without any undue delay.